Bed Bugs Information
Biology and Behavior
- Bed bugs are elusive, nocturnal creatures and come out at night to feed exclusively on blood.
- Bed bugs are very resilient and may live up to 12 months without a blood meal.
- Bed bugs are not caused by poor sanitation or ones social status.
- Bed bugs are not limited to the bed or the bedroom but instead will disperse throughout a dwelling. They will crawl considerable distances to obtain a blood meal.
- Bed bugs like to hide in small cracks and crevices close to where humans rest & sleep. They can be found behind baseboards, upholstery, and in furniture crevices. Other places to check are wall hangings such as picture frames, night stands, stuffed furniture, floorboard cracks, behind loose wallpaper, light switches, door and window frames, conduits, etc. In heavy infestations, bed bugs may be found in wall voids, attics, and other enclosed places.
- Bed bugs can be introduced into a structure via used furniture or in the belongings of someone who has been living in a bed bug infested situation.
- Bed bugs like to travel and will hide in suitcases, boxes and shoes to be near a food supply.
Identification of Bed Bugs
Bed Bug Bites
|Bed Bug Bites !|
Not everyone reacts to bed bug bites and some have delayed reactions to the bite.
Bite symptoms often appear in rows of several or more bites.
Bed bug bite symptoms typically appear as red, itchy welts but can vary from one individual to the next.
Bed bug bites can vary from person to person. Some people do not react, while other welt up. It is best to find other signs of bed bugs than to just go off of the bite marks alone.
A physical sample of an actual bug or egg is required to be 100% certain that you have bed bugs.
Bite symptoms are a good indicator but cannot be diagnosed with 100% certainty. Medical professionals cannot give a positive diagnosis simply by examining bite symptoms
The most effective inspections are conducted by a qualified pest management professional
You may see evidence of a bed bug infestation without actually seeing any bed bugs.
There is a very good chance you have bed bugs if you keep repeatedly waking up each morning with bite symptoms on your body that were not present when you went to sleep. However if bites occur at various times of the day in various locations such as at home, in the car, at work, etc. they are much less likely to be caused by bed bugs.
Besides the characteristic obnoxiously sweet odor, the other primary clues to an infestation will be the presence of bed bugs and/or small red to reddish brown fecal spots here and there on surfaces.
How Difficult Is It to Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
Reduction of bed bug populations is not difficult in most cases, however it can be extremely difficult, if not impossible to eliminate every last bug in some situations. If even one adult female survives, the environment may become re-infested. For this reason it is difficult to guarantee bed bug work.
Even the most experienced pest management firms will have their work cut out for them and it may be difficult, if not impossible, to guarantee the total elimination of bed bugs from some infested environments.
When dealing with a company that is offering a guarantee, consumers should inquire what the guarantee really covers, does it guarantee complete elimination and how long is the guarantee? Most guarantees will be limited to no longer than a few months due to the potential for re-introduction of new bugs into the environment.
Sleeping in a different room or vacating the structure is not a solution and can make the problem more difficult to eliminate.
The bottom line is that bed bug work requires a highly trained professional. It takes hard work, follow-up efforts and it can be expensive.
|Bed Bug Heat Truck Clark Pest Remedy Atlanta Georgia|
If you have a Bed Bug Problem and Need Help
Call Clark Pest Remedy
Clark Pest Remedy