How Can Changes In Lifestyle Help To Avoid Getting Bed Bugs ?
We do a lot of work in public housing high-rise and apartments. In a residential unattached unit you are not as likely to have a bed bug problem than if you are in an attached high-rise or apartment situation. While anyone can get bed bugs, lower income people that live tightly together in a social setting are more likely to get bugs.
|Adult Bed Bug – Atlanta -Savannah – Macon – Georgia|
Lets Look at Why.
- Moving infested furniture into a unit
- Moving infested furniture out of a unit down halls to dumpster.
- Bringing in used furniture.
- Bringing in infested clothes.
- Visiting infested units.
- Having visitors from infested units or elsewhere.
- Infested Common Areas can spread to many units.
- Adjacent infested units creep over into your unit
|Infested Sofa Brought Into Unit – 1 week after move in.|
What Steps Can Be Taken To Lessen The Risk Of
Bed Bug Infestation ?
|Bed Post Monitoring Devices For Bed Bugs.|
- Property Managers – Do Not Let Tenants Move Furniture In Without Inspection By Trained Personnel.
- Use some type of monitoring devices (As Pictured above)
- Do Routine Inspections Of All Units. (Important)
- Educate your tenants on Bed Bugs. (We Do Free Tenant Classes.) Try to make sure they are aware of what they look like and how they can obtain them.
- When a unit is found to be infested try to curtail any traffic in and out of the unit until treatment is successfully performed.
- When a unit is found to be infested DO NOT START THROWING FURNITURE AWAY !
- When a unit is found to be infested try to find out about consistent visitors and have their unit inspected.
- Do Not Treat Without Visible Evidence of Bed Bugs. ( This includes K-9 responses )
- When a unit is suspicious of having Bed Bugs infestation have someone you can trust and rely on.
- Do Not Start Spraying Pesticides. (Alcohol and Water mixed 50-50 in a spray bottle works better for live bugs.) But try to not to disturb as much as possible for this can cause them to spread.
|Thermal Remediation Truck for Bed Bugs. Can treat up to 5,000 sq ft|
|Bed Setup for Heat Treatment in Savannah, Ga.|
Call Us Today at 770-957-1915 and we will get On It !
Or Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Are A Member Of
Clark Pest Remedy